Monday, September 17, 2012

How to fix a chipped mani





And just in case some of you can't view the video here are the steps:


1) With a nail buffer, start with the roughest grit. Each buffer has its flavour di jour so it depends on which one you have. Most have a number sequence and that really helps out. Only focus on the piece where the polish chipped off for now. Make sure there are no rough edges left or pieces lifting.  -- Wash your hands.

2) Apply your favorite base coat to the area you buffed. Its alright if you overlap the base coat a little bit over the regular polish. This will help 'seal' in the ridges.

3) Dab in the polish in place. Again, its alright to over lap slightly. Make sure to carry the polish over the overhang of the nail to seal it properly.

4) Apply topcoat to the WHOLE nail.

2 comments:

  1. Genius! Thanks for sharing!

    Do you always carry the polish over the overhang of the nail? I've never done that, maybe that's what I've been missing.

    Since I am a part-time farmer and full-time klutz, I chip my nails every time I paint them. I'd practically given up on manicures but now I'm inspired to try again! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently started carrying the polish onto the overhang of the nail. It has been working thus far. I have noticed that it works best if I carry the base over too so that way the polish has something to cling on as well as to protect the fragile tips from getting paint IN the layers.

    Using a stone or crystal file has helped in sealing the edges so the tips don't flake off as much. The base coat sticks them together and prevents polish from going into the edges. -nod-

    Wearing gloves has helped even more. I hate wearing gloves but hey, sometimes wearing even the sheer latex-style gloves (I wear non latex as I'm allergic) helps.

    ReplyDelete