Monday, July 15, 2013

Other uses for Shampoo

Well, so far, I've only found one. I don't go through shampoo very much (I do stock up on conditioner, six bottles at a time) and there are a LOT of shampoos who have magnificent scents that I just can't use very well.  -- Scalp itch and all that.

So what do I do when I'm absolutely dying for a new scent of yesteryear. (Yes, I do get nostalgic for things I once used... like Suave's Ocean Breeze or Strawberry shampoo.) I use them to wash my delicates.


And boy, do they do such a fantastic job of it too! Proof positive that there are just a ton of surfectants that irritate my scalp.

So far, the one that gets my delicate whites the whitest is Herbal Essence's -- I got it in the Rose Hip scent. Every time I put on my boulder holder the scent wafts up to my nostrils and I'm reminded of my good days of youth. Y'know, before the depression got the best of me and I went down my self-destructive, emolicious goth path where I spent most of my free time being a hikkikomori and living life through a computer. Perhaps this is why I never snatched the guy of my dreams--- I was too busy being a melancholic teen. (With due reason, by I digress.)

Then again, it turns out the guy of my dreams really only existed in my dreams... and this realization, along with my uploaded life, allowed me to meet the man who WOULD be all that I ever asked for and more.

I get to tease him with the delicious smell of my teenage years when I give him hugs. And to me, that is much better than perfume-- which I'm also prone to develop headaches with.

I've also used Suave's Ocean Breeze and VO5's clarifying kiwi shampoo to cleanse my delicate whites but they're not as effective. They work, just.. lets just say, Herbal Essences is the Tide of shampoos. I don't know if that's entirely a good thing for my scalp, but it sure is for my lingerie!

(Believe me, I need all the help I can keep those suckers clean without destroying them in the wash. At about $60 a pop, I need to conserve!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment