Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Vinylux!!

How I adore thee. It has only been a few hours but you've already exceeded my expectations.

I knew I should have when Work Wife managed to last it six days. SIX... until she ruined the mani with fabric paint and a corner of it lifted. Her incessant need to pick beat the polish, but six days? That's crazy.. this is the same girl which regular polish lasts her a day, maybe two... and shellac about four days.





This is Gilded Pleasure by Vinylux polish from CnD. It has no base coat and I've been too lazy to put on the top coat. So far, it has survived cat hair, itching, (it dried faster than regular polish!), dings, a pedi and a round of dishes. No chips.

I have no dings.

Well, I did get a ding early on and I had to remove it. Suffice to say removal of this stuff is a lot easier than shellac or any other gel polish. Regular acetone on a cotton round did the trick, just like regular polish. Love this stuff! I mean, I have the feeling that I'll get the same--if not better-- than my diy uv-less gel mani I've been doing lately.  a) I don't have to wait as long for the damned thing to dry. b) I have even less chips than that mani for the same amount of work.

Update:

I figured I should make my nails less 3CPO and bling it out a bit.


It took some very, very slow work on my part to come up with some decent swirls on my right hand, and I am proud of myself. I may be ambidextrious but I'm not that great with a brush. I guess slow and steady does it. 

Robin Moses should be proud. ^.^ I took some of her tricks to make the swirls. (Ironically, my left-handed swirls are loopier than the right handed ones. LOL) 



No comments:

Post a Comment