Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wheee

Its been three days, two showers, one super hot hair washing session (it was cold, okay? That and I'm still trying to fade out the dark purple), hand dishwashing event and several boxes of packing and unpacking and all I have to account for it is one tiny microchip on my mani.

That's even better than usual.

I changed my base coat, kept my usual top coat. I've been oiling every day like I'm supposed to (and hardly ever do). I can't tell what the difference was but I'm guessing it was filing the tips of my nails on the surface ever so slightly.

As I mentioned before the tips are prone to peeling. They split and peel like layers of onion skin. I picked up a tip from a fellow blogger whose bit of the web I ran into last week. She advised to file the nail as usual but to bevel the edge just slightly at a 45 degree angle to keep the layers from splitting. I tried that and I do have to say polish application went more smoothly. I usually have a bit of a problem of the tip not getting enough or too much polish from where I try to compensate for the splitting.

Its hard to explain. I'll have to make a video some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment