Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New Pretties

I just got an amazing set of toys from Dark Cat Beads. They are light, beautiful and  affordable. A great beginner tool from a wonderful seller.

I wore the sticks all day yesterday with no problems. I tend to get tension headaches very easily (yeah, yeah, I know I'm a stressful individual. I'm trying to find my own personal nirvana to avoid this. Stress is terrible on health, and health affects hair. More on this at a later date.) and often times the straw that broke the camel's back can sometimes be my hair style. The last thing someone like me needs on a very stressful occasion is a million and one pins pressing against my scalp.

These hair sticks are light, flexible and importantly, STRONG. I have waist long hair with a ponytail circumference of 3.25 inches. I managed to wear a rope braid bun with these two sticks for over eight hours without so much as a bit of a headache. I suppose there is some truth to using two sticks in stead of one... the bun's sturdier and the weight more evenly distributed. I don't know too much on this theory as I often only wear one stick. I'll have to test it out more thoroughly in the next few months.

I'm working on a review to show off the workmanship, size and strength in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment