Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sometimes, we just need professional help

I can trim my own hair using feyes method. And I can sort of do bangs but you know what? Sometimes I just want to go to a salon and enjoy the experience.

So that's what I did last Friday.

Part of it was that I got fed up with my bangs. I don't know how I screwed them up (okay, I lie... it was all Patrick's fault! His sexy, debonair attitude distracted me while I was snip-snipping. Ugh. Freakin' Mentalist!) They came out blunt and too short. I had to give it about a month and a half before I could trim them again and I was angry. ANGRY at myself for messing up and quite frankly, scared of screwing it up.

See, I'm a classic 'no bang' face. I'm oval shaped but have a low forehead. I'm not supposed to wear bangs. However, I am known to do this thing called 'marching to the beat of a different drum' and doing whatever the hell I damned please anyway. I like having updos but I wear them so often, I started looking rather severe and grannyish. I had no form of bangs or short layers in the front. So I snipped away.

1) I didn't do them thick enough.

2) I didn't do the graduation properly.

3) They were too short.

4) They came out a bit uneven.

Compound wrong-shaped bangs that wouldn't stay put with layers that had not been trimmed in about two years I figured I'd go get professional help.

Let me tell you that a good head massage is something that I can't replicate and my husband, as much as he may try, can't come even close. But those women over at GJ know what the hell they're doing. I consistently fall asleep at the shampoo bowl. Mmmm..


I got my bangs fixed, my layers trimmed up and I didn't lose more than an inch. Success!

That and I confessed I'm a long hair nut. Instead of being laughed at she cheered me on in my quest. She even looked at some of my pictures and was amazed at the intricacy of some buns. HAH if she only knew how easy they are. :D

Ah.. love it.

Oh, and I was cleaning up my disaster area of my desk and I unearthed my Quecraft dragonfly. I can't use it in a cinnamon bun anymore, but I can definitely use it in a lazy wrap/ nautilus. Yes! I already lost ONE toy, I couldn't bear to loose another.

So, can y'all guess what I'll be wearing tomorrow?

I need to organize this horrible place too. I have hair stuff *everywhere* its like my computer and a comb got into some sweet, sweet loving action and in its wake, tons of little hair thingies were born. Clips. Pins. Sticks. Everywhere. GAH!

I think I'll make that my next project: an artsy storage area. WOoO!

No comments:

Post a Comment