Thursday, June 13, 2013

Crochet Braid and Bun

Oh man, I am so glad I found this. Another LHC/Youtube find.  (I lost the video at the moment)


It is pretty much the same technique used on yarn, but with hair.

I can essentially get three loops out of my hair right now.

So you start by gathering the hair in a low or high pony, wherever you want the bun to sit essentially. Do not tie off with a hair tie, just hold on to the hair. If your'e holding onto the pony with the right hand, grab the loose ends with the left, twist the ends into a coil, counter clock wise (this is to just keep thing tidy). Take the  coil and wrap it around the hand clock wise. With the fore fingers of the hand holding the pony, thread the loose ends into the wrapped around coil, essentially making a knot.

DO NOT PULL THE HAIR THROUGH.  You don't want a knot, you want to simply create a chain loop.

Pull the hair through enough to create a second loop. Thread the loose ends through this loop. Repeat until all hair is gone. You can pull the last bit through to finish the chain just like you finish a crochet project. You can wear it down or you can coil it into a bun.

I'm going to have to do visuals on this aren't I?

Well, to those who can both crochet and the most basic of buns, let me put it into a pattern using my hair length as an example.

The Crochet Braid Bun.

Row 1:

Chain 3. pull through

Assembly:

Coil chain into a bun tucking in excess. Pin in place.

Congratulations, you're done!


Next up, the Long Hair Beehive! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment