Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mani Monday?

I usually do my Mani's on Friday but I got a horrible chip on my fingers, the colors were 'blah' (Its summer, damnit, I'm done with the greys and the blacks and the almost-blacks. My inner goth weeps!)

Also, my nails have gotten pretty long and pretty... and long. I'm not used to them being anything longer than flush to my nail beds. I *have* a free edge now

Finally, all those vitamins I've been taking, the oil swabbing and what not is finally paying off. Its amazing.


They're still bendy, but not so much. And they still flake the moment I get lazy and don't oil/moisturize them.

Anyhow, behold my pretties. These were inspired by LOVE4NAILS from Youtube. I did a pinterest mani and it was taking so damned long for things to dry, that I said 'fuck it' on the nail art.



Used: Gelous Nail Gel from Sally's as Base and Top coat
Essie's True Love for the pink, Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow (27) for tip
Sinful Colors Call You Later (green) and Pearl Harbour (White) glitters.
Topped with OPI's quick dry drops. (That Gelous would not dry otherwise.)

We'll see how this DIY gel mani compares to Shellac. I'm seriously thinking about shelling out the cash for the at home kit.

It also was the first time I tried to do any form of 'gradient' with the glitter polish. Epic fail... but I like the yellow and the green. Its perfectly cheerful for this time of year. 

Oh, and BONUS!

Container Garden Experiments. 

White onion from scrap AND French Carrots. The carrot actually germinated from *last year's* epic failure of a carrot crop. I had planted those suckers in March, took care of them ALL summer and got nothing. This time I didn't even plant any carrots from seed and now I got sprouts!


And more bonus, a lovely bird I caught on camera on my birthday a little over a month ago. 


I really need to figure out how to play with my camera for optimal pictures. I'm using it as a point and shoot right now. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment