Thursday, June 27, 2013

Of Buns and Honey

So far, I've seen results on the honey mask. At least on my face, where the spots are lighter. The texture of the bumps has gotten smoother. The only downside is that I end up *hungry* when doing this mask, as it smells oh-so- good.

I also discovered a new bun of sorts. It happened when I learned to crochet a braid with my hair, except I don't keep going to the tail end. I basically chain one and stop. I insert the toy of my choice in the loop formed by wrapping the tail end about the chain, and the loop by the first chain. Tuck in the tail and done. Here's what it looks like :


Onward to the masks and scrub! Honey Regimen day 3. 

I started with a dirty face. 
Note the darkness on my right cheek (left to you).
The darkness is only made darker with blush.
I cleansed my face with baby wipes. I was far too lazy to get up and wash my face with my MK cream cleanser. I'm so low I'm having to run a butter knife along the body to squeeze some out. I should be getting a new cleanser by tomorrow. (Thank you, Darlene! I miss you!! I hope you're having fun in Cali.)

I didn't realize my nose was still chapped from
the two week long snot fest. 

I then mixed my honey and lemon juice. Excuse the extra cinnamon. I didn't wash the dish from last night. LAZY DEMISE!!  Anyhow, note how it is much too drippy. You want to have a thicker consistency.






Apply to areas of concern. I went on to slather this stuff on my legs, my left elbow (I keep resting it on my desk at work and the constant rubbing of clothes and skin, or bare skin on desk edge has darkened my elbow horribly.) and face.

I AM A DRIP MONSTER!!

Let it sit for an hour and THEN, clean off with a warm towel. Or baby wipes. I'd stick to the warm towel. The baby wipes got super sticky really quick and I went through four. -.- (Learn from me, use them as a last cleansing effort to get rid of sticky residue.)

Mix fresh honey (or what is left from the mask) with ground cinnamon.



Apply to previously honeyed-body parts.

My honey mustache and beard are tasty!
Let it sit for five minutes. Rub it in for about a minute, then wipe off with a trusty warm towel.

Its 2 am. I want sleep!
And follow with your favorite moisturizer. Again, I'm too lazy to stand up and go to my bathroom and use my night cream so I'll just use my organic, home made body butter.

mmm.. ylang ylang coconutty goodness!! 

I rub it in, get distracted by another documentary and finally go to bed once I realize the damned thing has already been absorbed like.. an hour ago.


Next up: L'oreal Professional Paris review for the Age Supreme shampoo! 

2 comments: