Monday, June 24, 2013

Cinnamon, Lemon and Honey

Last May, I was eaten alive by flying/jumping leeches. I'm allergic to both mosquitos and fleas. I also have terribly sensitive skin and I scar easily. While my arms are easy to deal with and scars fade quickly there, they are an exception. A picked pimple on my cheek leaves a scar. A scratched itch virtually *anywhere* leaves a scar.


I've become so self conscious I'm having a hard time wearing short skirts or dresses. I asked for help at LHC and as always, someone had an answer.

Spook Sister (WE NEED TO HANG OUT DAMNIT!) advised me that a mixture of honey and lemon help fade scars and lessen inflammation. I knew about the honey, as I've used it on break outs and have had friends with acne use honey masks per my instruction and the cystic pain has gone away quickly, along with redness and swelling. I somehow forgot all about this over the last month.

Anyhow, here I'll show you my worst leg. The left one isn't that much better.

There are so many scars, not all of them are pictured.
Behind the knee, on the side of the calf, my foot, MY TOES. >.<


And my fugly face. As you can see I have a rather uneven skin tone (okay, perhaps not that well in this picture.) I have vitiligo on my brow and cheek, as well as hyper pigmentation right above the white spot on my cheek. I also have a few fresh break outs and a few pox marks.

I did not over tweeze/wax. Its a spot that
would frustrate Lady McBeth!

Use more honey and less lemon, so it'll be less drippy! I kept eating the drips that oozed onto my lips.

I didn't picture it, but after wearing this mixture for an hour, I slathered a bit of honey and cinnamon over the mask and rubbed it in. It smelled fantstic and while this one wasn't drippy at all, I couldn't help but lick some of it off as I washed the stuff off.

It looked rather tasty and brown!

Once I rinsed off the mask and scrub, I could feel a huge difference in the texture of my skin. The worst bites   are almost flush to my skin. The best ones are already flush and all that is left behind is the color of the scars.

I'm to keep this up for 30 days. We'll see how it goes. I'm rather hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment