Monday, June 24, 2013

Tools of the trade update 1

This long hair journey thing is an evolutionary tale. Things change along the way based on knowledge, trials and errors.

So here's my updated bunch of tools (rather, very few now) that I use every day in one shape or another.

L to R: Tangle Teezer, dye brush, hair stick (any), rat tail com, TT2 and Hair Bean.

The original TT was bought last year when I saw Torrin's YT review on it. I had been pretty anti TT just because of the *sound*. She explained that it was simply because it was hollow. Still, I avoided it like the plague until the day my carpal tunnel became so severe I could no longer hold a comb. Turns out a) Torrin was right, the sound is horrible but the damned thing is GENTLE. I have more snags and more tearing from combing my hair in the most delicate of fashion than I ever had from a Tangle Teezer. 

The pink one got absconded by the cats. The dark purple one is my current one and the hair bean is what goes in my purse for travel. 

I use the brush, comb or stick for sectioning. 

Onward to the travel kit!! (and more tools)

The work horses of my regime should I not be wearing a stick or a fork.

 Here I have U pins, large bobby pins and small bobby pins as well as an O ring full of elastics. The ring keeps the elastics nice and tidy so I don't have to struggle with pins sticking to them. I also take a single small pin and thread the other pins to it. I'll show this in detail later.

An empty Altoids can holds it all in place. 

Bobby pin threaded through other pins for security.
It keeps everything tidy in the box.

Simply unhook and slip a band out to use!

The assembled kit, complete with the mirror that was inside the
Hair Bean lid. Also pictured, fingers. Most accessible tools of all!

This kit lives in my purse. So should a stick break or a fork be misplaced I *always* have something to use to secure my hair up and away.

No comments:

Post a Comment