Monday, October 28, 2013

Kitty Kat Nails


Really, to give the name justice, they should be lions but, whatever. 

Part of this inspiration is my ever loving, and always singing cat, Sir Beartholomew Watson III and his potato sister Patches (She's a fatty and looks like a sack of potatoes. Poor thing!). 

I have two version s of this mani, one with all purple nails and the accent on the ring finger. Which, I wasn't feeling very well. It was very 'mreh'. 

Then today I was surprised by an amazing present from my hubby, a NAIL RACK. I guess he got tired of seeing polish everywhere and me complaining I can't remember what colors I have, ever. 

So as I'm organizing, I run across OPI's Riveting, which from what I understand, that was from last year's Halloween or Fall collection. I can't remember. My friend Darlene, another nail polish freak like I am, got them for me for Christmas last year. I don't care if a collection is past its season, I *love* polish. Bring it on!

Anyhow, I wound up redoing my manicure after only 24 hours, but damnit, I WANTED THAT ORANGE!

So here you go. 


It is still no 'Robin Moses' quality, but damn it, the kitty sillhouette saved my damned manicure. And it was so easy peasy... AND I think it saved the purple kitty because quite frankly, he was looking a little silly and more Batman and less Feline. 

Lets call him Bat Kitty. (His eyes glow, too!)

Items used: 

OPI - Riveting
Vinylux - Grape Gum (can you tell its my favorite?)
Vinylux - Weekly topcoat
Gellish -base on orange
Black acrylic, pictured. 


PS: if anyone knows why I said 'this manicure doesn't do the name Kitty Kat justice', your'e freaking AMAZING and I love you and I think we should have babies! 

PPS: also, I wasn't kidding when I said her videos *saved* my manicure. Not only did she save it and ensure I'm happy with my little digits for the rest of the week, a lovely tip of hers saved a whole nail. 

After putting the camera down, I banged my pinky nail against my bowl of flaming hot soup. Instead of cursing, almost crying, then starting all over (Hey, that gellish base coat takes forever to dry, okay? ) I dipped one of my fingers in the cold water I was using to clean my brush, then rubbed it over the ding. It smoothed it out instantly.  Cool tip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment