Monday, November 18, 2013

Moons and Nails


I just purchased a moon from Ravenscroft a few days ago and it dawned on me I have *never* posted a picture of it on the blog. -le gasp- how dare I? 

Anyhow, here ya go: 

I'll take a better shot of it when I get my new moon. I purchased this current moon off of a member from the LHC on the 3rd hand market. I *always* wanted a Ravenscroft moon and had been oggling the forks/sticks (Stork?) for years. Ever since... well, I can't remember when or how I stumbled across them. I think it was her Etsy page years ago when I was looking for a comb. I somehow got suckered into her page. 

ANYWAY, I'd been waiting, waiting, for years. Her moons are pricey for the size I need: 4+ inches as Slayer is down to my tail bone... and it is on the thicker end of normalcy. Pardon the bushy ass brow, I haven't groomed myself in a few weeks. Having a fever a few times a week, a cough that keeps you up all night and having laryngitis does that to some people. 

Where was I going with this? (The Night time medicine is starting to kick my ass here) Oh. yeah! I thought her store had been closed or something. Nope! IT JUST TURNS OUT THE MOONS SELL LIKE HOTCAKES. Like, ridiculously quick. 

I'm still in disbelief that I *managed* to buy one. I keep looking at my bank statement and the transaction on Etsy a few times a day and I still can't fathom my actually owning a piece of Ravenscroft.. from the first hand market. This new moon is mine, all mine... and no one, except maybe Shirl Ann herself if she feels compelled to test her Storks (Ficks?) and it just feels me with some silly flutterflies in my tummy. Its dumb, I know, since I already *own* a moon, but I'm not its first owner. 

And hair toys, like animals, are to be loved, cherished and held on to, forever. These moons have found their Forever home with me, for I intend to keep these babies, even if I had to chop all of my hair tomorrow. I mean, hair grows back, my babies will wait for me. 

Well, once I get the new Moon I will have to write a review about them, complete with fantastic, better-seen action shots. -nod-

Now, on to the Mani. 

I did a Navy Blue French mani on Sunday. (Oddly enough the polish from deb matches the blue of my scion perfectly, complete with the pearlescent shinies.) But... I got so used to having *some* form of nail art, I felt naked. So I added a few skulls and vines today. 

You know, to better emphasize my mood: I feel like death, but girly, flowery and I will be amazingly girly during my sickness. PERIOD.


I used a no-brand white polish and Sally Hansen's nail art pen. The only thing I noticed I really *hate* about those stinking pens is the tendency that the ink, if it dries too fast, cracks. Sometimes I just want a smooth, dark line without cracks, dengit! 

Oh well. A girl can dream. 


And with this, I am done for the day--er night-- as I'm starting to pass out at my desk, all the while getting more and more incoherent (as well as horribly finger tied. Srsly, it took me seven, SEVEN TRIES to spell 'more' correctly.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment