Monday, November 18, 2013

You know you're a longhair when...

You're sick as a dog and desperate to get your hair out of your face you.... reach for the nearest thing that is somewhat sturdy and use THAT to hold your hair up.

I've been known to use paper clips, binder pins, pens, pencils, chopsticks and even surgical calipers to hold my hair up. (Note: DO NOT do the calipers as the hinge bit can snag hair and its going to just, mreh.. it was badish. I lost a few little hairs on that one. I mean, c'mon, they're essentially SCISSORS, just without the cutting bits. What a dumb dumb!)

Anyhow, I was feeling beyond *meh*. I had completely lost my voice Tuesday of last week and because I am currently during the training process for a brand new job, I couldn't call out to get better. This was taken on Friday... I had a migraine and I had my hair loose. Eventually that grossed me out when I broke into a slight fever and ALAS, I had *nothing* to put my hair up.  (I lost my blue altoid can with my hair ties and bobby pins somewhere... now as I type this, I think I know where it is: my overnight bag. I shall check once I'm finished here.)

I checked my bag, there was no hair tie. No stray pins. Not even a pencil. As I was shuffling around like a zombie during my first break to go ahead and make myself some ramen, I spied the eating utensils. Now, my work place is far from cheap so the utensils were not the super bendy-I-will-break-if-you-look-at-me-wrong type and I decided to... use them.

I suppose its the Western version of using chopsticks in one's hair.


Don't mind the goofy face. I *was* (and sort of am still) feeling like poopie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment