Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dwarf and Braids

I wanted to *be* the bearded lady. I wanted to have amazing make up, super girly dress and a fantastic, full beard.

Then I realized I was broke and all I could do was my make up.

But I wanted to dress up, damn it! Nothing was going to stop me, okay? I had gone FIVE YEARS without wearing a costume for Halloween now. FIVE.. not gonna happen, for I AM STUBBORN!


And so I remembered I still have my Gypsy's garb (I play one at Shadow Accord LARP), decided to omit the scarves and slapped on a bodice from my handfasting five years ago. Woot, now I looked like a bar wench.

But that beard, it called to me. So I decided to put my braiding gifts to good use, and figured out this beast during the work day.


I went through three incarnations-- the first didn't ahve much support and it had all of my hair pulled to the front. It was too hot and the more I talked, the more the stache fell down. I ended up with the gnarliest chin strap, ever.

Two, I pulled the stache over my ears and threaded only half my hair into this weird chin-strap, stripey Egyptian goatee thing with the odd fu-man chu tendrils. They came out more like sideburns, but I digress. I then braided the rest of my hair into side braids. Worked FANTASTIC... until it came to eating lunch.

I wound up inhaling stray bits all over the place.

So Idid the goatee a few times. I'd pull the hair loose, eat, and braid again. It was awesome and very, very comfortable. I know it looks like the braids were tight against my cheeks, but I assure you, my gentle reader, it didn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment