Friday, January 24, 2014

Date Night & Braided Lazy Wrap

While I've found myself doing the same hair style over and over because I'm one lazy bitch, I found a new variant with which I am quite happy with. It keeps my hair up and out of the way AND it shows off the fun tips. I mean, what's the point of having long, healthy, gorgeous hair if 1) I'm going to hate it and 2) can't do shit with it?

So despite the conventional thought that I should not bleach or dye my hair, I do it anyway. The problem is that its gotten so long that most updos hide the color. The ends are bleached once a year and maintained with my color of choice through out the year. I've gone from a plum to a fire engine red to a blue that went so dark it looked black to my current color, an odd mixture of a fuschia-purple.  I'm finally with a color that I am satisfied but I keep going back to the whole question of 'why, if I can't show it off?'

I was at work, irritated with my hair and thinking of chopping it ALL off because a) it was in a shitty braid and b) I didn't have a comb/brush to get rid of it. See, I had woken up late and had no time to style my hair. It looked, like shit. Thankfully, I had the eduard sticks that Seeshami gave me in December still sitting in my purse. So I tried to do a bun. Sadly, my hair's too thick to do a full braided bun and hold it with the short sticks... so I did a half lazy wrap. And just like that I had the edgy, fun twist to an updo that showed off the color so well.

I'd show pictures on how it look sin the front but dumbass me deleted it. Anyhow, enjoy the look from today's date night!

I'm a sexy cow... even if Des says its more of a flower pattern

I'm just glad I can wear this guy again! 

One of the few pieces the hubby has gotten me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment