Thursday, January 23, 2014

Landslide

This song... oh, it hits me right in the feel and it makes me hurt. Its a rather bitter sweet feeling though. This song was remade and sung by the Dixie Chics right when my own heart imploded, crashed and fell apart. At the time I didn't quite rationalize what this song was about, but I know it spoke to me.

"I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I, I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too oh yes
I'm getting older too"

This part would just make me cry.

I knew what it meant, I just wasn't ready to admit. I wasn't quite ready to let go, if that makes sense. I knew the moment that silly little dream, when that one-sided love was to end but.... I just was not ready to admit it.


I am glad that I did eventually. I finally saw the amazing young man standing next to him and I gave him a chance. Its so silly, isn't it?


Anyhow, I suppose I'm just feeling a tad nostalgic because of.. who the hell knows?

In the spirit of the season,  this week's mani. I finally got around to actually buying myself more base coat.

And I finally used my stamping kit.

AND I got myself the most awesome magenta color from fingerpaints. While I still don't like the matte finish, I love the color pay off.




Despite the nostalgia, and my strange desire to sing along to Landslide ( While I hate my own voice, my cats don't. That's a good thing as I didn't want to wake up the man thing.) I also felt it was time for change. 


I think that's what's bugging me, now that I think about it. I feel the universe tugging me in a certain direction -- which one , I don't know yet, I just feel the tug -- and its time to stop fighting it and just go with it. I started the year with a nice change : a great job. I'm working on another one : a new apartment. 

I might as well throw the friggin' blog into the mix with a new lay out and fresh pages. I'm going to start organizing this fucker a little better. I'm tired of feeling so all over the place in my head. I don't know if that makes any sense. It does to me. 

And with that... I'm done. Whee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment