Saturday, January 18, 2014

Land of Oz

I suppose that's a good way to describe the garden. Breathtakingly beautiful in one hand and downright frightening in and another.  The self guided tour, at this moment, is a scare. Many trees have been felled to give way to renovations, plants have been destroyed and there's an overwhelming sadness that grips my heart when I see these things. I suppose I really am a giant hippy. If it were up to me, I'd like to live off in the boonies, surrounded by wildlife without a care in the world.

But I'm married to a man who loves his creature comforts, so that's not going to happen anytime soon.

With that said, as long as I can visit Mother Nature, I'm okay with being stuck in the city. And that's the crux of it, the real reason why I won't move back to California again. Its too hot. Its too icky and I just don't like how nature isn't so readily accessible to me. Sure, I can have some gorgeous beaches and fantastic food -- let's not forget family -- but the truth of it is I hate the smog. I hate the trash that I see whenever I visit the beach ... and most of all, I really hate how dead things get during the summer.

Maybe if I ever do move back I'll be stuck in the northern part. That would be nice... I do quite love the redwood forests. ^-^


I wanted the tree to feel a giantess. :D 

And we're off to see the Wizard....

Now, on the hair front... I managed to strip some of the more stubborn blue out to the point that my hair started to look really light brown. Still not light enough but I was sick of the color. I slapped some ion brilliants in Magenta. It came out highlighter pink from the tube and everything it touch got stained that hue. My hair? Because of the sheer amount of blue in it its more of a fuschia-brown. Not exactly pleasant, but not very unpleasant.

I think from this point onward I'm going to have to baby my hair, stop attempts at stripping color out of it and then rebleach again in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment