Friday, February 7, 2014

Sunshine is deceiving

Yesterday I awoke to a beautiful, sunny day. The skies were clear, there was no breeze it was just... fantastic. I'd already made plans to go shooting at my local park with Heather for company a few days before and I could only count my blessings at how beautiful the day was.

Then I froze my tulips off.. the ones that go on top of the organ, if you know what I mean.  It was SO cold that the iced  coffee I bought at 11:45 still had ice in it by 3:30. It was just ridiculous.

But I had some amazing shots. Nature was just breathtaking and it always helps a photographer when they have a model who is not only photogenic but has a tendency to forget there's a camera nearby.  I do hate posed photography so much. It often looks stiff and it just drives me bonkers. I like organic shots.. things that just work out because model and photographer are on the same, fluid vibe. Stiffness just... I don't know. I like to photograph real people. I like the images to tell a story and not just visually, but emotionally and spiritually.

Attack of the flying fish! 

Down the rabbit hole

Her face was freezing. I did the same, but with my hair.

Speaking of hair, I'm glad I left my locks down in braids. I didn't realize how cold it was until we got out of the car and into the parking lot of the park. I was hit with the cold breeze and I gathered my plaits then wound them around my neck. 

Long hair perks 100,304 : instant scarf in cold weather. 




No comments:

Post a Comment