Wednesday, September 10, 2014

ion Anti-Frizz Solutions leave-in-conditioner review

The LAST time I dyed the ends of my hair I also renewed my Sally's card and as I was talking to the cashier she told me I had earned a freebie of something on the counter. I typically don't pay attention to this section as it usually full of product I don't use, chiefly because of silicone as it weighs my hair down too much.

In this section, though, it did notice this leave-in-conditioner from ion. Now I've been using ion color for about a year now and while I can't say I'm super pleased with their bright's line in terms of longevity, I like the way my hair feels after. 

So I picked it up because it was free and I wasn't too sure but I thought I read somewhere that amodimthicone is one of the nicer silicones. 

I didn't try it for another month or so.  I tried it on, it felt amazing and then hand damage.  

It wasn't until recently that I started using it again when one of the girls from LHC reminded me of a curly method I'd taken last winter and modified for my non-curly hair. (The method is LOC, Leave in Oil Cream)

However, I was STILL worried (though not too much since it is on a leave in and such products tend to be rather light) about the amodimethicone so I decided to dig up some info and I did this on the LHC boards by looking up Luxe Piggy's info because she is the Queen of Cone and knows her stuff. Like, she knows the first-hand what silicones can do and the science behind it. I respect and bow down to the fountain of knowledge that she is. 

So I found it

LuxePiggy : Amodimethicone is my favourite cone of all! \(^(oo)^)/

Unlike other types of silicone, amodimethicone carries a positive charge, which results in targeted conditioning of damaged areas and the formation of a shine-enhancing nanostructure (ETA:Formation of nanostructure on hair surface, Journal of Cosmetic Science). Once deposited, the positive charge helps repel further deposition, so amodimethicone does not build up on the hair.

I've tried a few other leave in conditioners but have not been that great. My favorite have been the Johnson & Johnson no tear leave in an detangler but that stuff isn't very cheap. The bottle may look big but its only because its wide.

I was given a sample of Big Sexy Hair leave in and that smelled *amazing* and did a fantastic job but it was waaaay too expensive.

ion's stuff smells almost the same as the Big Sexy Hair leave in, works just as well and its cheap. A large 12fl (355mL for any non-US readers) is about $5-$6 and with my discount its about $4 and some change.  Not bad and I may end up picking up another bottle when I'm done... though honestly, I probably won't. I have been making my own leave in for a while and that just comes out to be like $0.05 to make. I just now have a bigger bottle to use.. 'cause its a pain in the rear to fill up the travel BSH bottle with my own concoction every week.

On to the method I've been doing, LOD:



1) On damp hair, apply a Leave in conditioner.
2) Add Oil of choice to the length.
3) let air Dry or blow dry on low.

My ends still feel super silky, like I did when I cut it weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment