Wednesday, September 10, 2014

New cut and Color!

I'm sick. I'm miserable and I should be going to bed right now BUT... I just finished my sleep braid which reminded me to share what I just accomplished.

About two months ago, I did my bi-annual trim and not too long after that I felt my hair feel like straw. I thought it was just dry and had planned to do some more maintenance when I fell down and sprained my wrist a few weeks after the trim, ruining my plan. And good thing too!

the ends kept feeling dryer and dryer. I finally stopped to look and I saw an ABUNDANCE of splits, which angered me. WHY!? Why was I having such problems when I do my best to care for Slayer without being a little too crazy and over the top.

Turns out Manthing, my beloved husband, had been using my hair scissors on paper.

Which irritated me because scissors are not cheap. Mine were cheapish but still not cheap. So I decided to pay to have them sharpened and realized the fee is MORE expensive than my pair of scissors. They were like, $25... which is a lot for my cheap little heart.

After months of hemming and hawing, I finally spent the $150 on a Kamisori student kit. It was a *steal*, considering that one of their regular shears is upwards of $400 or more... so much so you can actually *finance* a damned pair.

It was $150 and it came with a razor. Good for cleaning up and shaping men's hair-- razors don't touch Slayer. My hair is way too long and my goals too extreme for me to use razors. I'll explain more on that in a different blog entry, I promise. Its too lengthy and I'm falling asleep.

I gave myself a cut. A legit cut. Long layers, length, bangs. I even thinned in some places.

And if that wasn't enough, my cut came out so perfect I felt emblazoned, emboldened even! I bought bleach and did my OWN bleaching. I did an amazing balayage on my bangs  (the only place I actually would test such a thing since bangs get cut frequently anyway).  I added my red and BAM, gorgeous hair.

It came out so amazing a friend asked me to dye her hair. We did it all black with peekaboo red blayaged in around the crown and nape of the neck.

I wont' share her pictures without consent, but here are mine.

Do you like my beard, my sexy beard? I think I can place in contests!

I don't know why I keep thinking to go purple. Red's too amazing. 

Also, I love this dye. Its 'N Rage in Neon red. This lighting does not do it any justice. Its amazing. And the 'beard'? The last dye job on that was back in MAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment