Friday, August 10, 2012

Tinting the brows at home

I love my gal. I adore her work and it breaks my heart that I can't get in to see her as easily as I did before. Instead of cheating on her, I had to learn to do crap myself.

And that included waxing as well as tinting my brows.

I have vitiligo, right smack dab center of my brow. No matter how perfectly arched, they always look off unless I powder in my brows. And I hate powdering in my brows because I am LAZY. I don't like make up that takes longer than five minutes. Its .. just.. mrergh.

Anyhow, I waxed my brows a few days ago, it came out gorgeous and I have the right arch for once. I realized I needed a tint but didn't know how to go about it.

I went down to Sally's, got myself a box of tint and went to town.

1) I made sure to only treat the spot that needed to be treated.

2) I had to find the right shade..or I'd have issues.

There was only brown and black. I went with black because vitiligo is caused by *lack of pigment*. White hair (yes, its white, not even grey) just absorbs the color superbly easy. If I don't have the right tint, I'm screwed.  One gal put too much brown and not enough black; I still had to pencil in my brows because instead of a white spot (that people thought I overtweezed) I had a brown spot in the middle of the black.

Because I was working with black, I didn't want to swipe the tint over the already natural black hair. If I did, it'd be superbly black. I'd still have the stripe effect. Blue-black, black, blue-black. ack!

Thankfully, this tint was super easy to use. I used a cotton swab to put in the activator on the spot. Let it dry per directions. Put in the color. Let it dry and washed it off.

I did have to get creative and not let the final color process for the full minute. Otherwise  I would've ended up with 'black, BLUE black, black.'.

It looks a tiny bit weird right now but that's because the skin got stained under it. A bit of mineral oil removed the excess pretty well. I'll be fine by tomorrow evening. :D

 So, I'm pleased with the results. Although the kit cost me a whopping $37 bucks, It was still cheaper than *one* visit to my Brow Lady. And the little bottles will last me-- easily-- a year.

Ps: I still am going to visit Brow Lady, except for other forms of waxing where I dare not go with my epilator.

No comments:

Post a Comment