Friday, December 21, 2012

Hey you


I've been thinking about you a lot the last day or two. Everything I do, see, or hear is you. It almost reminds me of back in the day when I had it bad...Instead of getting depressed about it -- or even nostalgic-- I thought about 'why' I would be thinking about you.

Then it dawned on me.

Happy Birthday.

And as I often do whenever I address anything about you, thanks. Thank you for all the smiles, all the laughter and all the heart ache you gave me.  Because if it hadn't been for all the happiness and sadness You gave me, I would not have recognized Him as the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I look back at our time no longer with fondness nor bitterness or anger, but with the knowledge that it had to happen the way it did. It wasn't your fault. It wasn't mine. We were young and stupid. You were my best friend for so many, many years that I can't help but miss you from time to time.

After all, you were the biggest life lesson I ever had to have and I am glad it was you who I got to share it with.

I hope you're having a grand time today. I know I am -- busted knee and all.

- Mrs. De La Renta.

No comments:

Post a Comment