Sunday, January 12, 2014

Self indulgence

Sometimes I go through life feeling sorry for myself and annoyed that I'm too much "this", not enough "that", or heavens forgive me, just plain Jane. (And I am wrong about this as there is nothing wrong with either except for the feeling of inadequateness.)

Hardly do I ever consider myself sexy, hot shit, side of fries or let alone ever cute. Usually, I only look into the mirror to clean my face or put on makeup as I otherwise find myself nit picking every flaw I find, real or imagined.
It's a really painful observation to admit. My insecurities get the best of me.

But I'm really done with that. I'm just sick of hating myself. I'm sick of how we all have been conditioned to self loathe (note,I say "we all" because it is something that affects us all, men and women alike). ...really, the more I add to this entry the more I think this should be moved to fabulush, but I digress.

So, here I am. Without make up, hair in a messy bun, pock mark, pimple and all. Damnit,I am more than just skin deep. I am one, sassy, nerdy, beautiful broad.

No comments:

Post a Comment